Managing residual risk in patients receiving statin therapy
MetadataShow full item record
Patients receiving statin therapy to reduce total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) levels still have a residual risk of cardiovascular (CV) events. In most statin trials, CV events are reduced by about 30% compared with placebo, leaving about 70% residual risk of CV events that occur in spite of statin therapy.
Medical Journal of Australia
Hamilton-Craig IR. Managing residual risk in patients receiving statin therapy. Med J Aust 2010; 192 (7): 366-367. © Copyright 2010 The Medical Journal of Australia – reproduced with permission.
Medical and Health Sciences not elsewhere classified